The TRECC Program began in 2015 with the goal of improving the living conditions of children and young people in Côte d'Ivoire. As a partner of TRECC, Nestlé Cocoa Plan is fully committed to supporting the organization’s goals.
TRECC’s latest report, Transforming Education in Côte d’Ivoire, documents TRECC’s achievements over the last five years, in partnership with the Government, industry, philanthropic organizations, NGOs, researchers and social ventures.
Highlights have included:
• Raising CHF 92.2 million in direct co-investments in the TRECC program between 2016 and 2021
• Commitments by all stakeholders, including for the Child and Learning Facility (CLEF), have risen to CHF 162.4 million since 2016
• Bringing 17 individual cocoa and chocolate companies into TRECC
• Reaching over 241,000 children under the age of 5 with early childhood development interventions
• Providing educational benefits for over 200,000 children and youth
• Laying the foundations for sustainable systemic change
Find out more about our contribution to TRECC and read the report here.