We released the 2023 Towards Forest Positive Cocoa Annual Progress Report.
This report details the activities, outcomes and impacts of Nestlé’s actions towards our forest positive strategy in cocoa aiming to move beyond deforestation risks and to achieve a deforestation free cocoa supply chain by 2025. Through forest protection and restoration actions, we want to positively impact our sourcing landscapes.
Nestlé’s key achievements in 2022 include:
- Restoring 634 hectares in the Cavally Forest Reserve in Côte d’Ivoire
- Increasing tree cover through the planting of 1.1 million native forest and fruit trees distributed to cocoa-farming families via the Nestlé Cocoa Plan in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana, including trees distributed and planted within the income accelerator program
- Establishing 5 smaller-scale, community level forest protection and restoration projects
- Funding the patrolling and monitoring of 5486 hectares in the Cavally Forest Reserve in Côte d’Ivoire
- Reaching 8000 local people with an awareness-raising campaign on forest regeneration in the Beki and Bossematie Forests and community forests, Côte d’Ivoire
Nestlé greatly values the ongoing support of the partners we work with, and we are committed to continue engaging with all relevant stakeholders to accelerate the progress Towards Forest Positive Cocoa.